Proxmox 4.2 Ceph Installation timeouts

Valhera

Jun 26, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the installation of Ceph on Proxmox 4.2.

On the first node I installed Ceph, specified the network and created and monitor, all completed successfully

When I goto the other servers to create additional monitors I get timeout messages on the CLI and the GUI

I thought I had a firewall issue so I disabled the firewall at the Datacenter and Node level but no change

Each server has 6 network interfaces eth0 is the management interface with a default gateway and I have created a Linux bond for two other 10G interfaces for Ceph and I configured and IP, set it for autostart but did not configure a default gateway. Ceph Bond interfaces on each server definitely works as I can ping it from my PC but for some strange reason the servers are not able to ping each other bond interface.

Any guidance you could provide would be great.

this points to a network issue.

Based on your description its impossible to tell whats wrong. therefore no one answered here so far.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!