Proxmox 3: Backup error

ferdl9999

Renowned Member
Nov 7, 2015
Hello,

i want to take automatic backups of all vm's.
Everything is working fine, but on only one of my vm's there is an error when taking a backup.

In the email from the automatic backup there is standing this: "command 'vzctl --skiplock chkpnt 155 --suspend' failed: exit code 16"

When i want to take a single snapshot of this vm, it is showing me this errors: http://pastebin.com/HQ40AjCd

Thanks for your help

Seems you want to do a LVM snapshot but you do not have a suitable LVM setup.

> INFO: mode failure - unable to detect lvm volume group

This message comes for every vm when i take a backup. It says, that it uses suspend mode instead. And this mode works perfectly for other containers, but only for this not.

Here is the log for a container on which this message also comes but the snapshot works perfectly: http://pastebin.com/h8bcnBnr

This message comes for every vm when i take a backup. It says, that it uses suspend mode instead. And this mode works perfectly for other containers, but only for this not.

Here is the log for a container on which this message also comes but the snapshot works perfectly: http://pastebin.com/h8bcnBnr

what is the difference between the container with working backup and not working backup?

Note: please post your logs in this forum, using pastbin or other services are bad practice as this information will be lost soon and then we have threads with no information and help for others.

There is no difference between these 2 containers. Only the resource configuration (diffent ram, cpu-cores, etc.) and ip address

as a workaround, use stop mode.

and consider the move to LXC (Proxmox VE 4.x). OpenVZ is more or less EOL.

Ok, but why are coming these messages?

1. INFO: Error: task 651001,651001(ld-linux-x86-64) is traced. Checkpointing is impossible.
  2. INFO: Error: suspend is impossible now.
  3. INFO: Error: task 651001,651001(ld-linux-x86-64) is traced. Checkpointing is impossible.
  4. INFO: Error: suspend is impossible now.
  5. INFO: Error: task 651001,651001(ld-linux-x86-64) is traced. Checkpointing is impossible.
  6. INFO: Error: suspend is impossible now.

I killed the process with the PID 651001 and tested it again, but the process started itself again:

INFO: Can not suspend container: Resource temporarily unavailable
INFO: Error: task 651052,651052(ld-linux-x86-64) is traced. Checkpointing is impossible.
INFO: Error: suspend is impossible now.
INFO: Error: task 651052,651052(ld-linux-x86-64) is traced. Checkpointing is impossible.
INFO: Checkpointing failed

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!