Proxmox 2.1 not working

jplorier

Oct 17, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to work with proxmox and I'm building a 2 server cluster. I've installed 2.1 version and created by mistake the cluster in both servers. This got me tons of troulbe as I was unable to revert this config as there's no way to delete the cluster (can't delete the file from /etc/pve because of permission denied)
I've searche the wiki and tried everyting without success.
As this were brand new, I decide to try and reinstall the second node, but added failed as cman as no quorum and pvecm e 1 claims cman is not started (chiken and egg).
Before reinstalling everything from scratch, I'd like to be able to fix this.
By the way, I'd like to ask if I need to set a separate network for the interconection of the servers as I read in a post that proxmox uses multicast and I don't want to have multicast in my lan.
Regards,

hi katokomputer,

thanks for your reply but I'll wait for a way to fix this without reinstalling , just think what would be the scenario if the servers where already at production ?
regards

just think what would be the scenario if the servers where already at production ?
Since this happen by mistake then simply revert to your backup before. Remember you must doing BACKUP before change any settings on production server. In my experience, even my client asked to Remove his UNUSED VPS, I always make a backup before. Its takes time but sometime my clients say ..."Oh sorry, the Unused VPS still on production! Please help to restore it again!" ... omg! And all Proxmox setting must be backed up on dedicated Backup Server or External Drive. TIPS: For PRODUCTION Server you better have 3 kind of backup if possible: daily, weekly and monthly.

Thanks for the advise. I'll start over fresh and see if Proxmox has something else to say.
Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!