Proxmox 2.0 Hotplug capability?

cloudguy

Renowned Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hi,

I'm using Proxmox 2.0 b3 (latest apt-get upgrade), and can't seem to get hot plug capability working. As a disclosure I haven't used previous versions actively and in any great detail to compare if the desired functionality exists in non-beta code.

As an example, I'm unable to mount an ISO image to a VM without issuing a full shutdown / power up sequence. Same goes for storage and network IO. I know KVM the functionality to attach / detach devices dynamically -- seems like the hooks between the web GUI are broken?

To hot plug a CD I simply selected the VM, clicked on hardware and modified the CDROM entry to point to a desired ISO. The same window was also used to add disk and network IO.

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!