Promox don't like to shutdown win10 VM

OverPromox

Sep 11, 2018
Hi,

New promox user, I have setup win10 with qemu guest agent working fine. But there are many time, the shutdown just does not complete even after 5 mins. It gets stuck and I can't even reboot promox from webgui. I have to do hard reset (power off) to reboot.

Also, if I have power saving on in win10 vm, it will go into Resume, and unable to start.

Attachments

• testpromox - Proxmox Virtual Environment - MX5 5.2.3.6000 - mx5porten-2018-09-11 12_22_53.jpg
    testpromox - Proxmox Virtual Environment - MX5 5.2.3.6000 - mx5porten-2018-09-11 12_22_53.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 8
works here.

btw, update your Proxmox VE to current version, you missed a lot of updates already.

I can't reply with links, so I had to use a screenshot. There is an error updatin

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 5

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!