Promox 4.2 Ubuntu 15.10 and Asterisk

redjohn

Apr 22, 2016
Hi,

I have a Ubuntu 15.10 Container on my proxmox 4.2 machine. in the ubuntu i installed asterisk:

apt-get install asterisk

now i have the problem that asterisk server crash all 5-10 seconds. see attached screenshot. any idea what i can do to fix this problem? is this a bug or a known problem?

Best regards,

Oliver

Attachments

• as.png
    as.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 11
  • ab.png
    ab.png
    48 KB · Views: 11
Containerizing asterisk is not a simple task. You need a lot of kernel modules for asterisk, which are not easy to integrate into LXC due to a lot of different reasons.

Please create a KVM container and you do not have any of these problems.

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply! okay is there any instructions for this? okay but it is interesting, in debian container i can install asterisk without problems. but in ubuntu i have some errors (see screenshots).

Best regards,

Oliver

For KVM? This is a fully-virtualized environment with is similar to "real hardware". Mount ISO, install OS, configure what you want and enjoy.

Again: Asterisk needs kernel modules to function properly (e.g. POT-devices, Timers, etc.). LXC does not provide this by default. Even it the install works, there is no guarantee that it works as it should.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!