Problems with web-interface on PVE 5.2 host

turdor

Apr 2, 2017
I freshly installed PVE 5.2 and have some issues w network:

it worked well, then suddenly (while preparing VM for Graphics passthrough) I lost web-interface from external machine on same network.

I managed to finish passing through GPU to one of VMs and webinterfece generally works from VM but also drops and sometime it comes back and sometime no - so host restart needed. Ping from host to google is inconsistent, sometime there is no ping, and sometime it's ok and it could be 2 pings stopped restarted in a raw.

BUT - the VMs internet seems to be rock solid.
There is NO warning messages in host command-line.
Also in PVE 4.3..x everything was perfect with network for months on very same hw.

Is it Virtio? How to check virtual hub and all virtual network? Is there a dashboard for it?
Where to start to search for a problem please?
What logs and how to get them I might ned to look on to?
I might not upgrade to 5.3 right away.
Any ideas?

tyvm!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!