Problems with Perl

fomox

Aug 23, 2006
I have been testing Proxmox in my company since last week and yesterday and today I tried to view Mail Domain/Address Statistics and the message below was showed:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, postmaster@proxmox.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

[3053]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: DBD::pg::st execute failed: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 1633970537

Apache/1.3.33 Ben-SSL/1.55 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_perl/1.29 HTML::Embperl 1.3.6 [Fri Sep 1 09:56:47 2006]

Does anybody know what happend?

Fernando.

I have been testing Proxmox in my company since last week and yesterday and today I tried to view Mail Domain/Address Statistics and the message below was showed:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, postmaster@proxmox.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

[3053]ERR: 24: Error in Perl code: DBD::pg::st execute failed: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 1633970537

Apache/1.3.33 Ben-SSL/1.55 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_perl/1.29 HTML::Embperl 1.3.6 [Fri Sep 1 09:56:47 2006]

Does anybody know what happend?

Fernando.

I found a log entry too:

Sep 1 12:08:13 proxpolicy DBD::pg::st execute failed: ERROR: invalid page header in block 469
of relation "greylist_instance_sender_index"

looks like your server runs out of memory. So how much physical memory do you have, whats the size of your harddisk and how many mails per day are relayed?

- Dietmar

looks like your server runs out of memory. So how much physical memory do you have, whats the size of your harddisk and how many mails per day are relayed?

- Dietmar

It's a Pentium 4 2GHz and 1GB of ram memory. Now we have been using a VNC player to emulate Proxmox, and this virtual machine has 694 MB using only 286 MB. And the hard disk have more than 70% free.

Fernando.

well, try using 512MB RAM. But that other error (invalid page header in block) sounds more serious - looks like the (virtual) Harddisk is damaged somehow. Such things can happen on unexpected power outage for example (or when you stop you virtual mashine whithout proper shutdown).

- Dietmar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!