Problems while creating cluster

cicil

Dec 17, 2015
I tried many time with differents machines to create a cluster but after entring the command the result is weird, quite different than in tutorials (it doesnt do it propply). Many files are missing as well, such as : "/pve/cluster.conf" "authorized_keys" "no CMAN".
Any ideas of what's going on, solutions for that ?

Attachments

• create.PNG
    create.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 6
What version of Proxmox VE are you trying to setup?

The cluster creation looks good, the next step would be to execute from the Node you want to add:
Code:
pvecm add <ip-of-first-node>

Note that you only need to execute "pvecm create clustername" once on only one node, at the other only to an "pvecm add ip" command.

Also node that since Proxmox VE 4.0 cluster.conf is replaced by /etc/corosync.conf

Reactions: cicil
Yes, i added the second one. Thanks for the information, i didn't know that the file has been replaced. I am using Proxmox 4. and after testing Omping multicast is not enabled, have you an idea how can i enable it ?

If multicast is not working how did you add the second node?

That is switch specific and and so it's a setting there. Are your nodes in a datacenter? Then please ask them what to do, as they may restrict multicast.

Before mutltcast is enabled it should be tested and fallback to unicast if it doesn't work.

This should be only considered in smaller cluster setups. Else an unneeded high load in network will be generated, which can be less of a problem if the cluster network is on is own, but nonetheless unicast is not ideal and can be a limiting factor for node size and cluster communication reliability.

It would be really great if the wiki page could be improved also by the community, e.g.: if you run into a specific problem and solve it then please document it, even shortly, in the wiki and help thousands of others. I, for example, was always lucky and had no real problems with multicast yet so.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!