Problems when changing host name

c0mputerking

Oct 5, 2011
I have changed my hostname for the server hosting proxmox, and now i have have 2 servers listed in my datacenter. The old server name is red has some machines listed under it. The new server is green and has the storage listed under it. Proxmox keeps asking me for the password over and over again. How can i fix this??

I have changed my hostname for the server hosting proxmox, and now i have have 2 servers listed in my datacenter. The old server name is red has some machines listed under it. The new server is green and has the storage listed under it. Proxmox keeps asking me for the password over and over again. How can i fix this??

First reboot that node, then run

# pvecm updatecerts --force

reboot again and see if it works.

Then cleanup the filesytem manually in /etc/pve/nodes/ (remove unused nodes/files).

Yep that worked like a charm, proxmox has the best support forums i have ever seen, always promt, consise and correct. Very impressive you all have my utmost respect and thanks hope to give back to the project when i get a chance time or money.

PS i am going to be rolling out a 2.x production system in the next week or so i realize it might be a bit early, but i guess you could call me a gambling man haha. Besides i plan to slowly migrate all my services from the old hardware to the shiny new hardware running proxmox.

PPS I forgot to mention i moved my conf files from the old node to the new one manually as you suggested and everything seems intact on the new node.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!