problems kvm

Beastie

Apr 2, 2011
I couldn't upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0 so decided to redo all machines manually using a cd.
I restored all machines and everything went well untill I tried to restore a kvm machine.
I couldn't start it untill I turned of kvm hardware virtualization (I used to run this machine on 1.9 without a problem).
The hardware is a asus RS162-e4/rx4, all options in the bios are ok and do support it (it used to work)
When I create a new vm and I try to start it I get the error no accelerator found.
As soon as I turn the kvm hardware virtualization off it does work.
Does any1 know what the problem is ?

I couldn't upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0 so decided to redo all machines manually using a cd.
I restored all machines and everything went well untill I tried to restore a kvm machine.
I couldn't start it untill I turned of kvm hardware virtualization (I used to run this machine on 1.9 without a problem).
The hardware is a asus RS162-e4/rx4, all options in the bios are ok and do support it (it used to work)
When I create a new vm and I try to start it I get the error no accelerator found.
As soon as I turn the kvm hardware virtualization off it does work.
Does any1 know what the problem is ?

Hi,
it's sound like you must enable hardware virtualisation in the BIOS (vt-x).

Udo

it has been enabled and under 1.9 was working I didn't change the hardware or changed any settings, I just reinstalled with proxmox 2.0

reinstalled again and has been working now without changing anything to the hardware

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!