Problems dure install on a Debian Squeeze

Arsimael

Oct 24, 2011
Good Morning. I tried an installation of proxmox on a debian squeeze, but every time he tries to start /etc/init.d/pve-cluster it shows a warning and canceles the installation:

Code:
root@Zasharazeska /etc/apache2 # aptitude install proxmox-ve-2.6.32
The following partially installed packages will be configured:
  clvm libpve-access-control libpve-storage-perl proxmox-ve-2.6.32 pve-cluster pve-manager qemu-server
  redhat-cluster-pve
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.
Setting up pve-cluster (1.0-9) ...
Starting pve cluster filesystem : pve-cluster (warning).
invoke-rc.d: initscript pve-cluster, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing pve-cluster (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 255
configured to not write apport reports

If i take a look in the syslog, it shows this:

Code:
Oct 24 08:52:38 Zasharazeska pmxcfs[9798]: Unable to get local IP address (pmxcfs.c:721:main)
Oct 24 08:52:47 Zasharazeska pmxcfs[9947]: Unable to get local IP address (pmxcfs.c:721:main)
Oct 24 08:59:16 Zasharazeska pmxcfs[10136]: Unable to get local IP address (pmxcfs.c:721:main)
Oct 24 08:59:16 Zasharazeska pmxcfs[10168]: Unable to get local IP address (pmxcfs.c:721:main)
Oct 24 08:59:20 Zasharazeska pmxcfs[10204]: Unable to get local IP address (pmxcfs.c:721:main)
Oct 24 08:59:20 Zasharazeska pmxcfs[10235]: Unable to get local IP address (pmxcfs.c:721:main)
Oct 24 09:00:13 Zasharazeska pmxcfs[10251]: Unable to get local IP address (pmxcfs.c:721:main)
Oct 24 09:00:43 Zasharazeska pmxcfs[10260]: Unable to get local IP address (pmxcfs.c:721:main)

Any ideas?

The warning 'Unable to get local IP address' indicate that there is something wrong with your hostname setup.

Your hostname should have an entry in /etc/hosts, pointing to the correct IP (not to 127.0.0.X).

I got a typo in my hosts - ZashErazeska instead of ZashArazeska - Problem Fix'd

Last edited by a moderator:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!