Problem with proxmox 2.1 and kvm duplicate ip address

basanisi

Renowned Member
Apr 15, 2011
I have a proxmox 2.1 cluster 14 kvm machines and today 3 of the 2 centos and 1 windows 2008 server have a duplicate ip address.
These machines are working proprely since 6 months without problems.

When I shutdown these machines I can not ping or nmap there address on my lan.

I try to migrate these machines on another proxmox server whitch I disconnected from the lan and the problem still persist.

I try to attibute anoter IP with no luck

Help me please

I have a proxmox 2.1 cluster 14 kvm machines and today 3 of the 2 centos and 1 windows 2008 server have a duplicate ip address.
These machines are working proprely since 6 months without problems.

When I shutdown these machines I can not ping or nmap there address on my lan.

I try to migrate these machines on another proxmox server whitch I disconnected from the lan and the problem still persist.

I try to attibute anoter IP with no luck

Help me please
Hi,
how was the ip address set inside the guests? Do you use dhcp? What kind of network do you use - bridging?

Perhaps an problem with your dhcp-server?

Udo

Hello,

Thanks for your answer

For information, I don't use dhcp all ip are fixed. When I isolate the proxmox switch from the lan, and i restart all 3 machines I have the same results => duplicate IP address.

Hello,

More information about my vm problems

I try to install a fresh centos 5 with virtio disk and ethernet with bridged mode, gaved it a fixed ip that is not used by any other computer. On restart of the machine it gave me a duplicate ip address.

I try to change virtio ethernet to intel E1000 and the the error disappered, but machine freezze when I try to use network. When I use Realtec RTL8139 I have a duplicate adress also

It's seems that the problem is on the bridge vmbr0.

Please gave me some answer

Hello,

More information about my vm problems

I try to install a fresh centos 5 with virtio disk and ethernet with bridged mode, gaved it a fixed ip that is not used by any other computer. On restart of the machine it gave me a duplicate ip address.

I try to change virtio ethernet to intel E1000 and the the error disappered, but machine freezze when I try to use network. When I use Realtec RTL8139 I have a duplicate adress also

It's seems that the problem is on the bridge vmbr0.

Please gave me some answer
Hi,
strange - do you have any network-control appliances? But you wrote the same occur, if you disconnect the switch...

You can try to do something like:
1. shutdown vm
2. start on a pve-host console (terminal) "tcpdump - i vmbr0 host ip.of.shutdown.vm"
3. try an "ping ip.of.shutdown.vm" to see the output of tcpdump (no answers, or?).
4. start the VM - you should see something like "has anybody ip address xxxxx" - now the big question: who answer?

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!