Problem with LVM within ISCSI

mattman110

Renowned Member
Jun 15, 2014
so Proxmox out the box

all done via web gui

added iscsi target,
added a lvm with the iscsi as the target.

but how on earth do i add a directory or location within the lvm to pit say iso,ect

here is a screen shot of my storage so far.
eventual i will have these machines in a cluster sharing the iscsi location hence me wanting everything in one place
proxmox.jpg

You can only store VM images on LVM (no iso files).

i understand that i. i want to create a directory or similar in the iscsi or in the lvm and don't know how and have not been able to find any support media telling me this is possable or how it could be done

i understand that i. i want to create a directory or similar in the iscsi or in the lvm and don't know how and have not been able to find any support media telling me this is possable or how it could be done
What do you mean 'directory'?
You can assign virtual disk images (allocated in LVMs) to VMs, that's it.
Your PVE hypervisor nodes can't/shouldn't access such LVMs as they are active on the hypervisor node running a VM but mapped directly into the VM as a disk device.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!