Problem installing Win10-VM on Proxmox 5.2-8

ChESch

Sep 2, 2018
Hello out there!

I tried to install Windows 10 April 2018 Update on an AMD Ryzen 3-machine with Proxmox 5.2-8 installed. I checked various guides on the internet, but could not find a solution for my problem. Every time I start the VM and want to connect via noVNC, I get an error (see picture below). I tried using SPICE, but the Viewer just states connection established without ever showing any picture. I hope somebody knows what to do!

Thanks in advance,
ChESch

upload_2018-9-2_13-54-7.png

Hi,
Is the VM running?
For Windows with Ryzen CPU, you should use "qemu64" as CPU type for the VM config.

Hey there,
yes, VM is running, starts without any error-message.
I've tested with qemu64 now, the result is still the same, noVNC fails to connect.

can you post the vm config ?

Hope you mean this pieces of information.

upload_2018-9-4_20-56-2.png

upload_2018-9-4_20-56-35.png

agent: 1
bootdisk: virtio0
cores: 2
cpu: qemu64
ide2: local:iso/Win10_1803_English_x64.iso,media=cdrom
memory: 4096
name: Win10-Jump-Server
net0: virtio=F6:C6:40:95:7F:29,bridge=vmbr0
numa: 0
ostype: win10
sata0: local:iso/virtio-win-0.1.141.iso,media=cdrom,size=309208K
scsihw: virtio-scsi-pci
smbios1: uuid=7fe5a417-7972-4b5f-b4ec-2c8d31f204b0
sockets: 1
virtio0: local-lvm:vm-400-disk-1,size=40G

Can anybody help me please? I've watched various guides, and they all just start the VM and noVNC works without Problems... And I still have no idea why it does not work for me...

what does the console task log say?

It says OK, you can take a look at the screenshots

upload_2018-9-10_21-55-6.png

upload_2018-9-10_21-55-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-10_21-54-49.png
    upload_2018-9-10_21-54-49.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello, i just tried another tutorial, and I haven't had any success yet. The machine always starts up without any error, but noVNC just does not connect to the VM. I have tried numerous configurations now, different architectures, UEFI and BIOS, but I still have no success.

It would be really kind if anybody can help me!

OK i just discovered something. I have an Proxmox Cluster, and I created the VM with the IP from an different node than where the VM is running. When connecting to the exact machine where Windows is running, i can connect via noVNC.

ok, so try to ssh from one node to the other and see what the problem is
Code:
node1# ssh -o 'BatchMode=yes' IPOFNODE2

also check if you allow the LC_* environment to pass between nodes in the ssh_config and sshd_config (this is needed for the novnc ticket)

There is no error when connecting to the second node.
Do you mean the command called SendEnv LC... and AcceptEnv LC...?
Only on the second node, the command AcceptEnv was commented out, and after uncommenting it, it works now, thank you.
Did I comment this myself sometimes or is this not automatically set by proxmox?

Did I comment this myself sometimes or is this not automatically set by proxmox?
this is the default setup of the config files and we do not change them, so if this was commented, this must have been done by you or a package you installed

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!