[SOLVED] Problem installing Proxmox 5 ZFS RAID 0 with 4x 1TB SATA disks

antoniseng

Sep 26, 2018
Dear all,

I'm a new user of proxmox, maybe someone can help me with my installation problems, i need to install proxmox into a new system with these specification:
HP DL380 G7
48GB ECC RAM
2x Xeon X5680
4x 1TB SATA
My problem is, when i install, i choose ZFS RAID 0, then the installation running well until finish, after reboot, the problems occur when the system boot, it says " print_req_error: I/O error, dev sda, sector [number] " as seen on attachment below, i have no clue, what happened, maybe someone can help me.
Thank you

Attachments

• proxmox.png
    proxmox.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 8
* Those error messages usually occur when a disk is broken. - However with the RAID controllers in HP servers I would check the RAID configuration in the BIOS/ILO.

* ZFS runs best on normal HBAs, not RAID controllers
* a 4 disk RAID0 is really not recommended, if you need the data on that system (one disk breaking results in complete dataloss)

Hi, thank you for your reply, i've replaced all the disk with a fresh disk, then i try to install again, but the result is still the same, still got the error, any clue ? thank you before

As far as I remember, the default is a P4x0 based controller in DL380 (whatever gen), which does not allow JBOD setup - at least for all of our servers this is true.
Hi LnxBil, thank you for your reply, i've found my disk problems, i've missed to check the new disk, now, the problems is solved, i can install with no any issue, thank you

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!