Problem During install

tylerdurden81

Jan 8, 2011
I wanted to test our the new 2.0 beta. The install process hangs quickly in the begining. Running debug shows that the isntall stops after probing edd. I tried turning edd off but that did not help.

Server:
AMD phonom 2 x 6 1100t 12gig of ram. 500GB Sata drive.

Any ideas?

Have you tried letting it sit for a while? I noticed on the laptops I'm testing on, the install goes quick. On the Dell R815 48-core Opteron I've been testing on, the installation took a very long time and seemed to hang up but eventually made it through.

I wanted to test our the new 2.0 beta. The install process hangs quickly in the begining. Running debug shows that the isntall stops after probing edd. I tried turning edd off but that did not help.

Server:
AMD phonom 2 x 6 1100t 12gig of ram. 500GB Sata drive.

Any ideas?
Hi,
you can connect the hdd (only this hdd) to another computer and install pve2.0b there - this computer don't need to have hardwarevirtualisation - only 64bit is necessary. After that remove /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules, shutdown and connect to the first computer.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!