Prob: LXC unprivileged container backup recovery

mifau

Renowned Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hello,

i upgraded proxmox 3.4 to 4.4 (clean with iso), now i use LXC container and installed a Debian 8 LXC unprivileged container.

All is working. But when i backup the container and restore it, i can't login in the container and it has no network connection. I seems like that the container has wrong permissions, because i also can't change the root password, when i login via "pct enter" and can't access the /root folder with root?? It is not useable.

I tried to change in the container conf unprivileged 1 to unprivileged 0 and after it container is working but privileged.

Is this a bug or after restore i have to change permissions?

thanks.

BR

mifau

Last edited:
I have the same Problem. Here I just switched my Proxmox HDD to another one and made a clean Proxmox install. The recent Proxmox Version is the same as the previous install 4.4. No Problems with my Win10 and OMV VMs and NextCloud privileged LXC, but my Postfix, Wordpress and MariaDB unprivileged LXCs don't allow ssh Connections and are not ping- and reachable via Network. What can we do here?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!