Posts missing?

andydills

Jan 5, 2013
What is the deal with this forum?

I made a somewhat lengthy post updating my thread yesterday, detailing some useful information about tuning the network and drbd. And it's not showing up. This is the thread:New cluster hardware details, suggestions for edits to the wiki

I know new users are moderated, as my first few posts clearly were in some sort of queue. But lately my posts are going right through...except to that thread. Is that whole thread listed as moderated now? Is my post stuck in a queue somewhere?

Is moderating new users really necessary? I've never been a member of a forum that is so frustrating to deal with before.

I see, that's unfortunate...I would think the captchas would be able to stop that, but I guess even that is problematic now. Thanks for fixing my post.

This forum isn't really usable if it takes days to get posts approved. This is my third post within 48 hours now and none of my posts have been approved so far.

This forum isn't really usable if it takes days to get posts approved. This is my third post within 48 hours now and none of my posts have been approved so far.

Posts from new users are moderated. If you have done more than 2 posts, all your messages will be displayed here.

This forum contains:

Threads 11,707
Posts 66,290
Members 19,768

And there is just zero spam inside - which is a quite hard work.

So if you say its not usable, so should think again about your statement.

Hello Tom,

I am sorry for complaining. It may have been a bit unfair to complain, especially considering that I basically posted on a weekend. Nevertheless it is annoying to wait 48 hours to be able to contribute posts. I don't know how many moderators you have, but maybe it's not enough. Or maybe it's just because I'm used to 3mio-posts-boards where it only takes about 15 minutes to get posts approved.

Regards,
bantu

Most posts are moderated with a few minutes. You are trying to construct a problem where no problem exists - And again, as soon as the account is validated there is no moderation at all so I do not see any real annoyance here.

What is your suggestion? If you get a better free service on any other place, why you post here?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!