PMG -Tracking center shows only last month

MrAsp

Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

Currently we are using two PMG (version 5.0-76) in a clustered setup.
I've modified logrotate so that syslog's are saved for 200days.
The cluster has been in production since 16th August.

But when I'm checking Tracking Center it looks like it only parse syslog for the past month.
  • Info:
  • The cluster has been in production since 16th August (,installed 15th) .
  • Syslog's are saved for 200days
  • Earliest entry that can be found in Tracking Center today (18th Sep) is 18th Aug 06:26, which is just after the time (06:25) when syslog rotate.
Why Can't Tracking Center parse logs older than one month?
Have I missed some configuration?
Is there any more information needed for troubleshooting, just tell me.

Thank in advanced
Isak

trackingcenter.png syslog.png

We limit the number of files to make it fast enough. Opening and scanning 200 files would be quite slow.

That explains it. That should be in the documentation :p

Question 1:
Is the limitation set to 31 files?
Then I should be able to use weekly rotate and save 28versions instead to achieve the same result.
Do you see any problem with that?

Question 2:
If I use the "Start/End" search field and get to many hits, the text "aborted by limit (too many hits)" appear.
How many hits is needed for that?

Last edited:
Hi @dietmar ,
has this behaviour changed since september -18?
I've did the changes as described in Question 1 above. It worked fine.
But I started to get som complaints this morning that only the last 11days are showing.

As shown on the printscreens below. There are logs from september. But nothing pre 6 januari 2019 is showing up.
I've upgraded to latest release (as shown in the screenshots). But that didnt resolve the problem. Before the update Im pretty sure I was on 5.0-76
If I try so set the "End"-date in Tracking center to 6:th jan or earlier I get "No data in database"

Mail pre Jan 06 doesn't show. And there is no "aborted by limit (too many hits)"
Skärmavbild 2019-01-17 kl. 12.20.27.png

Mail has clearly being send. syslog.3 is pre newyear
Skärmavbild 2019-01-17 kl. 12.27.22.png

Logs on server. For troubleshooting I decompressed syslog.3 and syslog.2.
Skärmavbild 2019-01-17 kl. 12.22.09.png

If I try so set the "End"-date in Tracking center to 6:th jan or earlier I get "No data in database"

Skärmavbild 2019-01-17 kl. 12.34.17.png

Anyone have any idea whats wrong and how to solve it?

Best regards
MrAsp

Last edited:
Hello.
I think, its good place to ask:
is there a way to copy or export result from "tracking center" in PMG5.1, or do i need to dig in logs to show something to my customer?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!