Please update kernel

galphanet

Jun 18, 2009
[SOLVED] - Please update kernel for ARC-18xx cards

Hello,

I have a ARC-1880 RAID card and I can't use it on 2.0 because the kernel is too old (2.6.32 and I need a least 2.6.36).

Is it possible to have a new kernel soon ?

Thanks you

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not an expert on kernel modules..so can you explain me how to add the 18xx driver to the current kernel ?
Or give me a how to :)

Thanks again

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not an expert on kernel modules..so can you explain me how to add the 18xx driver to the current kernel ?
Or give me a how to :)

Thanks again
Hi,
just take a deeper look:
Code:
modinfo arcmsr
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.32-6-pve/kernel/drivers/scsi/arcmsr/arcmsr.ko
license:        Dual BSD/GPL
version:        Driver Version 1.20.0X.15.110330
description:    Areca (ARC11xx/12xx/16xx/[B]18XX[/B]) SATA/SAS RAID Host Bus Adapter Driver
author:         Nick Cheng<support@areca.com.tw>
the 18XX is supported allready - perhaps not during install? Can you install on a single hdd and see than the raid-volumes?
Is your raid-volume smaller or equal than 2TB?

There are one newer version at the areca-site 1.20.0X.15-110622 but only with small changes (debug output and compiling error).

I see not, why the driver should not work.

Udo

the 18XX is supported allready - perhaps not during install?

Install works just fine for me.
I have 13 1880ix-12 cards running on Proxmox 1.9, have not needed to custom compile drivers for a LONG time now.

I have two 1880ix-12 cards running 2.0, installed from the ISO with no problem.
Did not need to do anything special, just boot up ISO and installed to my array.

Hello,

I had to do a modproble arcmsr

When I do a lspci I see the card : 08:00.0 RAID bus controller: Areca Technology Corp. ARC-1880 8/12 port PCIe/PCI-X to SAS/SATA II RAID Controller (rev 05)

Thanks for your help :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!