[SOLVED] pfsense and vlans

RobFantini

Famous Member
May 24, 2012
Boston,Mass
Hello
I have a testing pfsense vm running as a kvm.
The issue we have is that the pfsense kvm is not reachable on lan from other then one vlan. so from workstations on a different vlan - pf can not be reached using http or ssh.
all other linux vm's are reachable.

it runs on this bridge at pve:
Code:
auto vmbr3
iface vmbr3 inet static
        address 10.1.10.2/24
        gateway 10.1.10.1
        bridge-ports bond3
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        bridge-vlan-aware yes
        bridge-vids 2-500

kvm net config:
Code:
net0: virtio=D6:8F:E2:6B:B5:14,bridge=vmbr3,tag=250
net1: virtio=2E:AE:D6:93:98:92,bridge=vmbr3

vlan 250 is WAN , and pf can connect.

There is a lot more I could post for configuration from the mellona switches etc - but I do not want to make this post pages long.

any clues on accessing the pf vm from other vlans?

any clues on accessing the pf vm from other vlans?
It will need a connection to that VLAN and an IP configured. You can either add more NICs to the VM, or if the vmbr3 is "vlan-aware" you can define the VLANs inside the pfsense.

It will need a connection to that VLAN and an IP configured. You can either add more NICs to the VM, or if the vmbr3 is "vlan-aware" you can define the VLANs inside the pfsense.

the vmbr on pve and switch are set to vlan aware.

I tried both add nics and and just defining vlans.

I could have done those wrong. I have tried adding gateways per vlan and not.

I suspect the issue is with switch settings , however linux vm's work with ping and ssh from other vlans.

Question - do gateways for each vlan needs to be set in pfsense?

I'll keep plugging away after a break..

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!