pfSense and FreeNAS keep failing in 2.0 beta

AlanMAC

Dec 3, 2011
I've had a little problem with *bsd based distros, specifically, FreeNAS and pfSense. When booting the VM, both behave the same and shutdown. With both, it's before I get to the install option, the console freezes (freezes the browser too, both Firefox 8 and Chromium, on Fedora 16 and Linux Mint 9) and the VM will stop. I have changed some of the configuration around (kernel type, amount of cores/cpu's). I don't have these issues with Linux based distros, just seems to be the BSD based ones. Any idea or thing I should check?

What hard disk type are you using? I originally had problems on 1.x too, but solved it by using SCSI and qcow2. Have you tried that?

Hi,
i have an pfsense running on pve1.9. I don't remember if i use special boot-flags, but the config looks normal:
Code:
more 205.conf 
name: pfs
ide2: none,media=cdrom
vlan12: rtl8139=3A:75:E7:6F:90:24
ostype: other
memory: 512
sockets: 1
localtime: 1
boot: c
freeze: 0
cpuunits: 1000
acpi: 1
kvm: 1
ide0: b_sas_r1:vm-205-disk-1
onboot: 0
description: pfSense (BSD).
cores: 1
bootdisk: ide0
Udo

I've tried qcow2 with scsi, still no go. Does anyone know if there's a specific log file that will tell me what's going on?

Church23,
The second post in the link you posted worked like a charm, I have pfsense installed (not configured yet) and FreeNAS on it's way to installation. Problem solved, thanks for all the help guys!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!