Permission failed on restore on a user Account

informant

Renowned Member
Jan 31, 2012
Hi,

if a User have created a Backup and would restore it, the user can´t use the storage over the restore-button. the user show a blanko field without a storage, if the user click on restore button.

How can we fix it? Please help. regards

Hi dietmar,

yes its right, but the user can´t show a storage in the field. show screeshot please.
restore.pngrestore1.png

regards

Yes, here is the cfg file of cluster:

Code:
user:admin@pve:1:0:::::
user:USER1@pve:1:0:::dfdf@gmail.com::
user:root@pam:1:0:::info@domain.de::
user:USER2@pve:1:0:::dfdf@dynweb.net::
user:USER3@pve:1:0:::dfdfdf@test.de::

group:Benutzer:USER1@pve,USER2@pve,USER3@pve:Benutzer:
group:Admin:admin@pve:Administrator:

acl:1:/:@Admin:Administrator:
acl:1:/storage/SLS-001:@Benutzer:PVEDatastoreUser:
acl:1:/storage/backup-1:@Benutzer:PVEDatastoreUser:
acl:1:/vms/4135:USER1@pve:PVEVMUser:
acl:1:/vms/4136:USER2@pve:PVEVMUser:
acl:1:/vms/4138:USER3@pve:PVEVMUser:

Hi Dietmar,

i have test all 3 users. All 3 Users haven´t a storage in the view of screenshot. A other way for restore i cant found. The users can use the storage for create a backup and list her backups, but if the user login to her account and click on his ct, than backups and activate than her backup and click to restore, the user can´t use the storage (show screenshot).

regards

Hi dietmar,

Code:
pveversion -v
pve-manager: 2.3-11 (pve-manager/2.3/bc33273b)
running kernel: 2.6.32-18-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.3-88
pve-kernel-2.6.32-16-pve: 2.6.32-82
pve-kernel-2.6.32-18-pve: 2.6.32-88
pve-kernel-2.6.32-17-pve: 2.6.32-83
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.4-4
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.93-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.9-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-36
qemu-server: 2.3-17
pve-firmware: 1.0-21
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-48
libpve-access-control: 1.0-26
libpve-storage-perl: 2.3-5
vncterm: 1.0-3
vzctl: 4.0-1pve2
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.4-6
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

The storage is mounted with nfs.

Do you have a workarround ar a solution for us? If you would, i can create you a user login to check it.

regards

Last edited:
Hi dietmar,

here the cfg:

Code:
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
        path /var/lib/vz
        content images,iso,vztmpl,rootdir
        maxfiles 0

nfs: SLS-001
        path /mnt/pve/SLS-001
        server 10.11.12.50
        export /volume1/storage
        options vers=3
        content backup
        maxfiles 3

regards

Wait, I can see whats wrong now.

The only storage which is able to store 'images' is storage 'local', and the user does not have permissions on that storage.

Hi dietmar,

the storage SLS-001 have backup permissions. If the User create a backup it is a backup, or is the backup a image? A backup is a backup or not? If i click on the storage, the backups are listen als backup, not as image?

I don´t now, if you information are right. Can you tell it me please again, for understanding. very thanks.

ps: if i set permissions for SLS-001 with backup, images , the problem is the same.

If you would, i can create you an account to check it now. i hope, you can help us. very thanks.

regards

the storage SLS-001 have backup permissions. If the User create a backup it is a backup, or is the backup a image? A backup is a backup or not?

A backup is a backup, yes. But you want to restore a backup, so you need to have permissions to create an image on the target storage.

Hi dietmar, ok, but if i set permission backup and image to sls-001 the user cant use the sls-001 for restore. the same issue we have. Do you would have screenshots or do you need other informations?

thanks for your nice support.

regards

The user needs DataStore.AllocateSpace permission on the target storage, for example:

acl:1:/storage/local:mad:Benutzer:pVEDatastoreUser:

Hi dietmar,

the permissions are set since start:

Exsample:

Create CT: 1111
Create group: benutzer
Create User: test1
set group ofuser test1 to benutzer
add ct permission to user: test1
add storage ssl-001 permission to benutzer with rule pvedatastoreuser or test1 with rule pvedatastoreuser (it´s same issue)

storage:
ID: sls-001
typ: nfs
inhalt: backups, images
path/target: /mnt/pve/SLS-001

this is the config at the moment.

if i login me as user, i can create backups, can show the backups, but if i click on one of my backups and push the button restore, i haven´t a storage in the field. the field is blank.

if you would, you can have login or teamviewer session etc.

i hope, we can find the error. very thanks

in attachment screens for this.

regards

Last edited:
if i login me as user, i can create backups, can show the backups, but if i click on one of my backups and push the button restore, i haven´t a storage in the field. the field is blank.

I already posted the solution to your problem.

Hi dietmar,

sorry, i understand what you mean.

i must add permissions on local storage for restore the images. very nice.

biggest thanks @dietmar.

regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!