PDC over a subnet and VPN?

kbrault

Renowned Member
May 14, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have a Centos 5 Samba server as a PDC at our master site (192.168.0.0/24) and I have a remote site (192.168.1.0/24) connected with a IPSEC VPN (pfsense, boths ends are behind a NAT router). All ports and protocols are open through the pipe. All servers and routers are virtualized (proxmox KVM).

The VPN pipe is working fine. I can ping the PDC by short and long names and map windows shares (by IP not hostname) no problem. I can ping clients from both ends.

However, I am having difficulty adding computers on the remote site to the domain and when they are added new users are having difficulty logging in (no domain controllers can be found) and the samba login script does not run there.

I cannot "browse" the main site network from the remote site via Windows 7/Vista file manager.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Is the VPN a problem?

Does the PDC have an issue with a subnet?

I found one thread that recommended setting the KVM host network interfaces to "promiscuous mode". How can this be done in proxmox?

Is there a configuration change I can make to get this to work?

Thank you for your help.

Kevin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!