PCIe SSD experiencia with proxmox?

kankamuso

Oct 19, 2011
Hi all,

i am planning a new proxmox infrastructure which requires high I/O performance and was thinking about including PCIe SSD disks. Due to their high costs, we cannot buy them just for testing and finding they do not behave well under Debian/Proxmox.

I would be delighted if any of could tell me any experience they have had in such an environment and perhaps give some recommendations on which hardware models work flawlessly under Proxmox.

thanks in advance,

Jose

also ask the vendor of these cards.

also ask the vendor of these cards.

Sure I will! Too much money in the game.

if experiences are good, I could also contemplate a RAID controller plus SSDs. I have read some threads about this but they are more than a year old. Perhaps some new combinations on the market that deal well with Proxmox?.

thanks again

see also the new LSI nytro cards - http://www.lsi.com/products/storagecomponents/Pages/SolidState.aspx

(but so far we haven´t got these cards in our lab)

Thanks, they look amazing but I must be sure it will work under Proxmox ... They provide Linux drivers but, al usual, only for Enterprise distributions I am afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

I have tested succefully fusion-io iodrive cards.

thanks a lot. I will include it for consideration.

proxmox doesnt gain anything from installing the host system on a SSD/USB flash drive. its the service providers (CTs) that may benefit from the speedup, depending on the type of service.

proxmox doesnt gain anything from installing the host system on a SSD/USB flash drive. its the service providers (CTs) that may benefit from the speedup, depending on the type of service.

I know it mo_ but it is for a testbed platform so I don't need to invest in extra hardware. Anyway, lets consider I don't need it to be bootable.. Any recommendations on vendor/models that are compatible with Proxmox?.

thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!