path name change... possible?

davlaw

Renowned Member
Apr 4, 2012
When I first started working with Proxmox I was using ip addresses for my nfs shares that are located on SAN storage. It was quick, and it worked, but its not correct.

I would like to change my ip addresses to named paths to balance things out on the SAN...

I found within /proc a file called mounts that contain what I'm looking for but know that is not the correct place to change this but wanted to know if there was a why I could change the ip to a named path, gui does not let you, without having to move everything around... fstab seems to indicate its for local mounts only.

172.16.0.1:/fs0/shares/sharename

to this

scalenfs.scale:/fs0/shares/sharename

Backup and restore to new storage I suppose it going to be best, but not the fastest..

Backup and restore to new storage I suppose it going to be best, but not the fastest..

Hmm, why do you wan't to use backup/restore? You don't need to change the storage-name (but i don't see the big effort):

Like this before:
Code:
nfs: admin_nfs
    path /mnt/pve/admin_nfs
    server 172.20.1.11
    export /var/pve
    options vers=3
    content iso,backup
To this with names:
Code:
nfs: admin_nfs
    path /mnt/pve/admin_nfs
    server admin.example.com
    export /var/pve
    options vers=3
    content iso,backup
the hostname must be a real dns-name or in /etc/hosts.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!