Parameter -enable-kvm missing

jors

Apr 10, 2012
Hi there,

I am trying ProxmoxVE 2 and doing some benchmarks to the KVM virtual machines. I connected to the ProxmoxVE box and listed the processes, and I can't see any kvm process with the -enable-kvm flag. Does this means I am not using full virtualization (hardware) support? And why? Is there any configuration/setup I am missing?

I have another test box running KVM + virt-manager and the -enable-kvm flag is present on the virtual machine processes.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT.
I forgot to mention that the "KVM hardware virtualization" option is obviously enabled in the "Options" virtual machine tab.

Last edited:
That flag is not needed.

Thanks dietmar. So how does it work? KVM will automatically guess if hardware virtualization is available on the host CPU and if so, automatically use it? There isn't any configuration needed?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!