P2V using Clonezilla failed

chchang

Feb 6, 2018
I have a ubuntu 17.04 laptop with 256G nvme SSD and I want to convert this laptop to Proxmox using clonezilla
local to remote , but there`s error during the process like this

xJVWSGd.png

this is the console of dest VM , I had try disk controller ide/scsi/virtio , all of them not working.
any suggestions ?

you get 'connection refused' errors, maybe there is some wrong configuration in your network/firewall?

Apologies if unwanted, but I figured I'd add some input.
Had this issue happen today with the latest 32bit clonezilla trying to clone a FreeBSD machine.
I could ping as well, both machines appeared to have valid configurations, but almost as if it was firewalled.
In the end there was two network interfaces on the source. One onboard Realtek and on PCI express Intel Nic.
I had connected to the pci express Intel nic for reliability. Tried swapping over to the onboard Realtek card and things connected no problem.

Apologies if unwanted, but I figured I'd add some input.
Had this issue happen today with the latest 32bit clonezilla trying to clone a FreeBSD machine.
I could ping as well, both machines appeared to have valid configurations, but almost as if it was firewalled.
In the end there was two network interfaces on the source. One onboard Realtek and on PCI express Intel Nic.
I had connected to the pci express Intel nic for reliability. Tried swapping over to the onboard Realtek card and things connected no problem.
i just had to respond to this.

after scouring the web and reading all the same things 100 times, i found this response and it TOTALLY worked for me.

had an onboard nic on the mobo and a faster nic card installed.

everything looked great, could ping each computer and had the appropriate nic selected but still clonezilla wouldn't clone.

went into bios and disabled the onboard nic and BAM! worked immediately.

thank you so much for posting what you thought might be 'unwatned input'.

if not for this i would have ended up throwing these computers out the window and given up on the internet :p

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!