OVH with multiple subnet?

jsieler

Oct 18, 2019
Hello! I have OVH server with multiple subnet /25 and /27 which i would like to use on my server. I do also have vRack available, which i can use. Also with and without.
Is it possible to use all of available IPs on my machine, without the need to generate new MAC for each of available IP (there are over 300 IPs)? I also would like to have the possibility to assign multiple IPs to a single LXC container as well. Any help?

Hey,

I think you can use this guide, the same way for OVH
https://dominicpratt.de/hetzner-proxmox-network-configuration/
Just use the Subnets instead of single IPs, so you can use all IPs out of a subnet without loosing IPs for subnet, gateway and boradcast...

I personally do it this way on the host
Code:
auto enp0s31f6
iface enp0s31f6 inet static
        address 22.33.44.212/32
        gateway 22.33.44.193
        pointopoint 22.33.44.193

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.1/30
        bridge-ports none
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        up ip route add 44.55.66.16/29 dev vmbr0 scope link
        down ip route del 44.55.66.16/29 dev vmbr0
        up ip route add 44.55.66.24/29 dev vmbr0 scope link
        down ip route del 44.55.66.24/29 dev vmbr0

the config on the client side would look like this here

Code:
auto ens18
iface ens18 inet static
        address 44.55.66.25/32
        gateway 192.168.0.1
        pointopoint 192.168.0.1

why 1 server it could be possible to used routed setup, but with multiple servers, if you want live migration and use vrack, you should go to bridged setup.

I'm currently working on a new sdn feature for proxmox, I'm currently working on adding subnet management. (currently with auto ip configuration), but I'll look to add mac registration plugin throuh api for ovh or other hosting provider where is needed for bridged setup.

Hm... seems not to work. :( I followed tutorial from above... Not even PING is working. Might it be the problem with virtual MAC on OVH?

Last edited:
Using vRack would fit too... not a problem. But, i can't just get it running not matter what i do.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!