OpenVZ global action scripts not replicated across the cluster

Smanux

Renowned Member
Jun 29, 2009
Hi,

I've added global actions scripts (/etc/vz/conf/vps.mount and /etc/vz/conf/vps.umount) on one of the nodes of my cluster but they don't seem to be replicated on the other nodes. Since /etc/vz/conf is symlinked to /etc/pve/openvz I thought this would be automatically replicated.

On the other hand, the container action scripts (/etc/vz/conf/<CTID>.mount) are properly moved when the container is migrated.

Is this a bug or did I miss something?

Thank you for the reply Dietmar.

I figured out why I don't see the files on the other nodes. /etc/pve/openvz is a symlink to /etc/pve/nodes/<nodename>/openvz. I created the script on the node1 and I can see them on the node2 in /etc/pve/nodes/node1/openvz, but since /etc/pve/openvz on node2 links to /etc/pve/nodes/node2/openvz I thought they were missing.

That would be nice to have a mechanism to share these scripts between the nodes. I tried to create a symlink from /etc/pve/nodes/<nodename>/openvz/vps.mount to /etc/pve/nodes/all/openvz/vps.mount but the operation is not allowed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!