NoVNC Keyboard layout issue.

Noble

Sep 10, 2020
Hello forum,

First post here as I simply can't find an answer to this specific issue and seems most people haven't come across it.

When I go into noVNC I can't type ':' when I hold Shift and click the ';/:' key it just types ';' as if the Shift key wasn't held down. In general some characters simply don't work, the keyboard layout is mostly UK (which is what I use).

I've reinstalled proxmox multiple times and set the layout to US and UK and the same issues persists, this isn't a guest issue either as when SSH'd there are no issues and in a Windows 10 guest using noVNC the same issue persists. Caps lock will also often be on by default and I then have to turn on Caps Lock on my keyboard so that it isn't on in noVNC if that makes sense.

I'm using Proxmox 6.2-4.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Reactions: vps20
Hi,

use the hole input change the same Keyboard layout?
different Keyboard layout can make problems.

Hello, everything is set to UK layout, in the VM, in proxmox, in my host machine and the machine I'm access the web portal from.

The layout is UK, it's just some keys don't work/don't output what's expected.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!