Nothing listening on 8006 port

Zamana

Renowned Member
Dec 20, 2015
Hi!

Successfully installed Proxmox some days ago and everything was running fine until today.

Out of the blue the web interface stopped to work. Through ssh I can see that nobody is listening on port 8006.

After 2 reboots and some "/etc/init.d/<whatever> restarts" I simply don't know what to do to bring the web interface up again.

I already did what I found regarding this problem in other threads but no success. On other reports people always has something on port 8006, but I don't.

UPDATE: it seems that I don't have any pveproxy on /usr/bin. Which package should I (re)install?

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi!

I was almost giving up on Proxmox when your reply arrived. It simply solved the problem.

The question now is: how this package was uninstalled? No, it wasn't me. For sure.

Thank you very much!!!

You're welcome,

The apt tool keeps extensive history in /var/log/apt/ files. More lowlevel logging is in /var/log/dpkg.log.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!