Not able to eject the cd drive

S

shashank.kattige

Hi
I have installed proxmox 2.1 and have added a windows server 2008 vm.The vm is able to detect the cd drive and able to read it but when i try to eject the cd physically it doesnt and also i tried to select the eject option from the windows server 2008 it takes the input but it doesnt eject the cd drive.please help

i want the vm to communicate with the proxmox to eject the cd.When i need to install something in that windows vm and eject the cd when the eject is given in the windows vm.Or other alternative thats ok for me is to eject the cd through proxmox without disturbing anything.

Similar, related problem I have is that changing CDs doesn't work... We tested a freshly upgraded server on Friday and it still doesn't work.

Booted a Windows VM with no disk in the physical drive.
Opened Explorer to confirm it knew a drive was there.
Inserted a random CD.
Waited... And waited.
Tried opening the CD drive in Explorer but got a dialog requesting we insert a disk.

For the same reasons as the OP, we'd really like to see this fixed so the customer can insert software CDs and install things in the VM.

Where did you insert the CD?

A real CD - in the physical drive.

But I've also in the past had no success with switching ISOs - it just stays as what it was when I booted up.

Yeah. Works fine if you start the VM with a CD already in there.

Edit: Until you want to change disks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!