nodes added to proxmox 5.2 cluster appears 'idle'

coppola_f

Renowned Member
Apr 2, 2012
Italy
we've just added 2 nodes to an existing 4 nodes proxmox 5.2 cluster

these 2 nodes have been cleaned up and freshly installed from .iso....
after cluster join,
the status results as shown in the attached image:
last two has lrm 'idle'

migrating a powered off or non HA enabled VM is working fine.....
any HA enabled VM is failing without any error (ha migrate process starts and completes but no standard migrate process for the VM is started in background!)

waiting your suggestions...

regards,
Francesco

Attachments

• proxmox_cluster_status.jpg
    proxmox_cluster_status.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 36
first, a node where no ha service was located (since the last reboot) has the lrm in idle, this is normal

the migrate problem i cannot reproduce this works without problems here, can you post the vm config, the ha config and the task log of the ha migration?

@dcspack

made more testing just this morning,
only thing i've done different, i've created a new ha group containing all 6 nodes
yesterday i was adding node 5 & 6 to the existing 'ha_pool' group

now 'live' migration is working fine in HA mode too...

really i don't know if the action i've made was the real solution but it's now working as expected and for me this is enough!!!

many thanks again for your time,
regards
Francesco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!