Node not reachable on vlan, after vlan is used by vm

sigmarb

Nov 8, 2016
Hi,

i have a strange behavior on my linux system and can not explain it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

host proxmox1 with a trunk/bond interface to Cisco-Switch.
proxmox1 has mgmt in vlan100 on same bond:

bond1.100@bond1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether 3c:fd:fc:9a:7d:cc brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 10.64.253.203/24 brd 10.64.253.255 scope global bond1.100

All is fine and proxmox1 is reachable from other machines through vlan 100.

The routing between the vlans, is done by a pfsense firewall on _another_ proxmox-node.

Now instantly when i move the firewall to proxmox1-host, the proxmox1 host is not reachable through mgmt-vlan 100 anymore.

Ideas?

Thank you

Hi,
if you don't use vlanaware (with vmbr0 + bond1 for example), and have an ip on bond1.100.

when proxmox start the vm, it'll create a vmbr0v100 and attach bond1.100 to this bridge.

The problem is that if bond1.100 is in a bridge, you can't have ip on the bond1.100 anymore. (it must be on the bridge).

2 possibilty:

1)

use a vlan-aware bridge,
and create a vmbr0.100 iface with your ip address

Code:
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
         bridge-port bond1
         bridge-vlan-aware yes

auto vmbr0.100
iface vmbr0.100 inet static
        address ...

2)

keep the non vlan-aware-bridge,
and create a

Code:
auto vmbr0v100
iface vmbr0v100 inet static
        bridge-ports bond1.100
        address ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!