Node no longer resolves

motermouth15

Sep 19, 2018
Hello-

To make a long story short, I completed some updates on my nodes the other day. When the updates were complete, they suggested a system reboot so I completed that as well. Now, my main node no longer resolves correctly. It can ping internal and external clients just fine, but only if I provide the ip address. I originally noticed because it wont' complete 'apt update' and sits at 0%.

I'm sure that this is an easy fix that I just keep overlooking, but I just can't figure it out. I've double checked that my local dns server is listed in resolve.conf -- it is. It also works because I have many devices currently using it. I also swapped out my local dns Ip address with Google's (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4) in resolve.conf just to check. That didn't work either.

Any ideas? I'd really like to get this node updated again. Thanks for the help!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!