Node greyed out when migration happens

luigima

Aug 13, 2018
Hey proxmox community!

I am running proxmox for a year now and everything seems to be very stable. Lately, however, I noticed that whenever I try to migrate a lxc, the target node becomes greyed out in the webview. The VMs on the target node are running fine though. I can resolve the greyed out state by restarting the services or the whole node. (Could be that it resolves the state automatically after some time)

I am running VE 5.2-5 on three nodes in a cluster. Ceph as well but the issue only happens with VMs that have their storage on a local non-shared disk (thus, the data need to be copied to the target node).

I have no clue where I should start to investigate this strange behaviour which is why I ask here for help or any directions.

Thanks!

i guess that your migration network is the same as the cluster? if yes it gets probably overloaded by copying the disks to the other node and the status update does not happen -> thus the ? on the nodes and the vms
this should fix itself when the migration is finished (pvestatd tries to do that every 10 seconds, and on the webinterface this can also take some time)

my suggestion would be to seperate the cluster network from the network where the migration happens (see man datacenter.cfg)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!