Node goes RED

soporte

Jul 1, 2013
Currently I have a cluster of two nodes. the Master has the IP address 172.17.1.2 and the slave has the address 172.17.1.3. By accessing via web the master, the slave appears red. There is nothing in the logs, I can make backups of virtual machines, but I can not access status.

this is pvecm status:

Code:
root@proxmox:/etc/pve# pvecm statusVersion: 6.2.0
Config Version: 4
Cluster Name: pmxcluster
Cluster Id: 48436
Cluster Member: Yes
Cluster Generation: 524
Membership state: Cluster-Member
Nodes: 2
Expected votes: 2
Total votes: 2
Node votes: 1
Quorum: 2  
Active subsystems: 5
Flags: 
Ports Bound: 0  
Node name: proxmox
Node ID: 1
Multicast addresses: 239.192.189.241 
Node addresses: 172.17.1.2

and this is /etc/pve/.members:

Code:
root@proxmox:/etc/pve# cat .members
{
"nodename": "proxmox",
"version": 3,
"cluster": { "name": "pmxcluster", "version": 4, "nodes": 2, "quorate": 1 },
"nodelist": {
  "proxmox": { "id": 1, "online": 1, "ip": "172.17.1.2"},
  "proxmox-slave": { "id": 2, "online": 0}
  }
}

any help?

Thanxs

edit: this was working quite well for over a year.

Currently I have a cluster of two nodes. the Master has the IP address 172.17.1.2 and the slave has the address 172.17.1.3. By accessing via web the master, the slave appears red. There is nothing in the logs, I can make backups of virtual machines, but I can not access status.
Hi,
there aren't a master and slave anymore in pve2/3! And a two node cluster is not optimal because of quorum - use three nodes to get less trouble.

Does it help, if you restart the pvedaemon on the "red-node"?
Or restart pve-cluster?

Udo

I add more info, if I login in the second node (the "slave") I see exactly the opposite, the node that i logged in is green and the other one is in red. It seems to be a communication problem in the cluster ... any ideas?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!