1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No space Allocated to Local-lvm

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Coolguy3289, Apr 19, 2017 at 08:39.

1. Coolguy3289

Coolguy3289 New Member

Hello,
    I am currently trying to create a VM/CT in proxmox, however I get the following error during machine creation:
    Code:
    TASK ERROR: no such volume group 'pve'
    Upon some checking, I noticed that the Local-lvm has no Space at all allocated to it.
    When I installed this instance, I setup a SW raid using zfs, selecting RAID0 during the proxmox installation.
    So with this raid setup, and all of my space allocated to the local volume on proxmox, how would I go about resizing the Local and Local-lvm so that the majority of the storage is on the lvm.

2. fabian

fabian Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

if you used the installer to install zfs as root, your storage.cfg does not have a local-lvm storage unless you add it (manually or by joining an existing LVM-based cluster). remove the local-lvm and add a local-zfs instead, unless you already have one.

3. Coolguy3289

Coolguy3289 New Member

Do you have a link/guide that has a basic explanation of this process?

4. Coolguy3289

Coolguy3289 New Member

How should I go about Re-Sizing the existing Local Partition, as well as deleting and creating a new zfs local-zfs?