No output from lxc-cgroup

BerndA

Sep 25, 2017
Hi,

since an update some weeks ago the lxc-cgroup command isn't working any longer. My current version is pve-manager/5.2-9/4b30e8f9 (running kernel: 4.15.17-3-pve).

This command doesn't output anything:
# lxc-cgroup -n 509 memory.stat

But this command shows the "normal" output: cat /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/lxc/509/memory.stat

All commands were executed as the root user.

Any ideas about this behavior?

I'm unsure when exactly this behavior occurred the first time, but I think when I updated the system on 2018-07-15 the lxc-cgroup command worked as expected and the next time I've updated (on 2018-09-23) the command was "broken". According to the history files in /var/log/apt/.

Please let me know if you need some more information.

Kind regards,
Bernd

Just a follow-up:

After updating the Proxmox host to proxmox-ve: 5.3-1 (running kernel: 4.15.18-10-pve) the command
# lxc-cgroup -n 509 memory.stat

works as before, i. e. the output looks good :)

Regards,
Bernd

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!