No local-lvm after installation proxmox ve 5.4-3

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Zaman, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Zaman

Zaman New Member

Hello,
    after installation of proxmox ve 5.4-3 when i try to create vm using GUI there is no storage and checking it on GUI list there no local-lvm,so what to do?, there is docs?is it issue?
    it's added to cluster.
    the installation of two node,the same result.
    and i need one of the nodes for backup,so which type of storage to use Ceph,GlusterFS,NFS(on host),NFS(using freenas....),others..
    thanks

2. t.lamprecht

t.lamprecht Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Hi,

normally a "local-lvm" will always get create if using our provided installation ISO, the only exception currently is when using ZFS during install (as rpool). Did you selected ZFS as installation root filesytem?

My recent local installations which did not got installed with ZFS have all the "lvm-local".

How did you install Proxmox VE? Note that if you install Proxmox VE on top of a Debian installation you need to create the storages you want yourself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Zaman

Zaman New Member

I installed proxmox using official iso downloaded from proxmox website,the root filesystem is ext4 filesystem if u mean of first installation option for Hard Drive.
    the both (two) nodes having the same issue if it's.
    thanks

4. Zaman

Zaman New Member

check my answer above:)

5. t.lamprecht

Staff Member

Can you please also post the output of
    Code:
    lvs
    pvesm status

from both nodes?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. t.lamprecht

Staff Member

Also, can you see if it's possible add a "local-lvm" storage via the web GUI? (Datacenter -> Storage -> Add 'LVM-Thin')?
    Maybe the cluster join just overwrote the /etc/pve/storage.cfg and thus the local-lvm storage is just not listed anymore (but exists physically).

7. Zaman

Zaman New Member

thank u,was mention as template not disk space ,sorry
    so delete this thread or make it as solved ?!

8. t.lamprecht

Staff Member

We normally do not delete threads, maybe then can help someone else when searching the net some day.

You could mark it as solved, but no need, you can also just let it as is :)

9. Zaman

Zaman New Member

Hello,
    look like there is misunderstood bcs i have 2 nodes,when use one of them ask me for template so was im wrong, but when checking the another node was there is node but there is no storage of disk.
    Code:
    #lvs
      LV   VG  Attr       LSize   Pool Origin Data%  Meta%  Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
      data pve twi-a-tz-- 703.47g             0.00   0.04                         
      root pve -wi-ao----  96.00g                                                 
      swap pve -wi-ao----   8.00g
    #pvesm status
    Name             Type     Status           Total            Used       Available        %
    local             dir     active        98559220         2842532        90667140    2.88%
    local-lvm     lvmthin   disabled               0               0               0      N/A
    #cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
    dir: local
            path /var/lib/vz
            content iso,vztmpl,backup
            maxfiles 2
            shared 1
    lvmthin: local-lvm
            thinpool data
            vgname pve
            content rootdir,images
            nodes pve,nd3,nd2
    Thanks

#9 Zaman, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  10. Zaman

Zaman New Member

so :):confused:

11. Zaman

Zaman New Member

as GUI,check this.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice