No Internet connection on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by phongtnit, Apr 4, 2012.

1. phongtnit

phongtnit New Member

Hi,

I installed Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise on Proxmox 2.0. I installed VirtIO and Realtek network drivers on the server. However, I see there are no Internet connections.

Please help me to fix it. Thanks a lot,

Image on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise:
    [​IMG]
    Image of server's hardware:
    [​IMG]

The server had 5 network cards.
    [​IMG]

2. phongtnit

phongtnit New Member

Please help me,

3. mmenaz

mmenaz Member

How is your network like? IP of your gateway, dns, proxmox IP. Does Proxmox reach internet? i.e. ping www.google.com ?
    If so, how is the setting of one of your Win2k8 guest? Let's use only one (disable i.e. realteck) and set it's network parameters properly (IP address, netmask, gateway, dns...)
    best regards

4. phongtnit

phongtnit New Member

Thanks,

My proxmox and other Linux guest OS can access Internet. I'm using DHCP to assign IP address automatically on Windows guest machine. I tried to disable RealTeck and used only VirtIO network card, but it didn't work too.

5. WRE-LLC

WRE-LLC New Member

Try using the e1000 network card, generally it is the only card that I can enable for Windows without having to load drivers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice