No interfaces

blubaru

Jan 4, 2015
Hello all,

I'm a bit new to promox and I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong here. It may simply be a compatibility error due to older hardware.

I'm running PM 3.3 and centos 6.x.

I installed CentOS as CLI only.

The issue is with CentOS communicating out to the internet. My server and proxmox have a public IP address, and I'd like for that to be communicated to the VM. I'd prefer for CentOS to receive the same IP as my server, but NAT would also be acceptable if need be.

Right now it's configured in bridge mode, VLAN tag 0, bridge vmbr0, model Intel E1000.

When I go into my interfaces in CentOS, I can't configure anything because I'm only seeing the loopback and nothing else. Do I need to activate these other virtual interfaces or install them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

It should also be noted that when I do a cat /ect/network/interfaces, I see no such folder or even network directory. What's going on?

You are confusing Debian with CentOS.The correct path for that is: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

You are confusing Debian with CentOS.The correct path for that is: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

great! Thanks a lot!

Now do I have to edit something special into the file to activate it or enter a command elsewhere to activate it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!