No connection to external IPv4

Rootinator

May 1, 2019
Hello,

I use to externally reach my KVM machines, NAT with port forwarding.

Unfortunately, no VM can connect to the external IPv4 of the host.

Otherwise, all VMs can connect to the Internet.

A connection between VM can currently only be established via internal local IPv4.

How can I fix the error?

Hello,

I use to externally reach my KVM machines, NAT with port forwarding.

Unfortunately, no VM can connect to the external IPv4 of the host.

Otherwise, all VMs can connect to the Internet.

A connection between VM can currently only be established via internal local IPv4.

How can I fix the error?

You have probably only one public IP - in order to reach different VMs as well as the host by using this address some port forwarding is necessary. The question is what in particular should work (which port to which on which VM) and if the corresponding iptables settings are correct.

Port forwarding generally works.

The problem is when VM1 wants to connect to VM2 through the public IP of the host (VM1 => Public IP: Port => VM2). That does not work.

About the internal IP: Port everything works.

Are there any new findings regarding the access of VM1 to VM2 over the public IPv4 of the host?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!