No Cman Service and /etc/default/redhat-cluster-pve

Nov 8, 2017
Muscat
I'm trying to run two node cluster for the first time. I'm using Proxmox latest version which is 5.1.
Now I'm stuck at the fencing part. the guides says that I have to edit the following file but it does not exist on either of my nodes.

nano /etc/default/redhat-cluster-pve

there is no any service called "Cman" on the node either.

I'm kinda confused.

Thank you so much,
I have some questions about the High availability feature of Proxmox, I don't know if it's a right place to ask :

- Since my servers are Online, I want to change the default SSH port on them, but when I did that at the start, I couldn't add any node to my cluster cause it just using the default port to communicate with each other.
is there any way for doing this ? because leaving the SSH open with it's default port is not a security best practice.

- does the high availability feature, do the load balancing too ? so if a cluster node's CPU Load went too high, it automatically migrate some resources to other nodes ?

- What will happen if I host some VMs on both of my nodes ?

is there any way for doing this ? because leaving the SSH open with it's default port is not a security best practice.
yes this is possible, but must be done manually, you have to tell all hosts, that they need to use your port when connecting as a client
so not only in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
but also in /etc/ssh/ssh_config
please refer to the ssh configuration documentation for this

- does the high availability feature, do the load balancing too ? so if a cluster node's CPU Load went too high, it automatically migrate some resources to other nodes ?
no load balancing is not implemented yet

- What will happen if I host some VMs on both of my nodes ?
i am not sure what you mean exactly, you can of course start vms on all hosts

Reactions: Pourya Mehdinejad
yes this is possible, but must be done manually, you have to tell all hosts, that they need to use your port when connecting as a client
so not only in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
but also in /etc/ssh/ssh_config
please refer to the ssh configuration documentation for this

no load balancing is not implemented yet

i am not sure what you mean exactly, you can of course start vms on all hosts

thank you so much for your answers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!