NFS brown schriek

pblou

Jan 9, 2017
Hello,

what is the signification about brown schriek (exclamation point) on NFS storage in Proxmox GUI ?

Pl

hi,
I have the same. How much free space do you have available on the nfs? I had almost 85%. Did tried to delete what i could to see if it is related to used space. got to 77%, however it is still there. I did not find any config for thresholds, (i did not sped that much time on it) so it might be hardcoded. I have to add that I upgraded recently.

Hello All,
I just checked my box as I was about to reboot it (after patching) and I have the same behavior on all my storage. However this is no NFS storage, it is ZFS-backed storage. That indicates to me that it is not specific to the storage type.
Freespace should not be an issue on my end as well.
Before reboot I was running on 4.13.4.1 kernel, after that I am running on 4.13.8.3
Would be interested as well about this, because it concerns me a bit.
Best regards
Thomsa

Just got this on one of my ZFS-backed storages, just on one machine. 3.55TB free out of 9.5TB total (usable space, not raw), and definitely not over-provisioned (yes I'm using RAW volumes with ZFS that are "thin provisioned", but the total "promised" to the VMs is less than the capacity of the ZFS pool). I removed a 2TB (mostly full) disk that wasn't in use anymore, and the exclamation point went away. I'd like to see something about this on the Storage page (https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage), preferably an explanation of the rules that are used to determine when it should show up. I presume its supposed to be a warning about potentially over-provisioned storage pools.

Edit: Some details about when the exclamation point was showing up:
Total Usable: 9.75TB
Currently Used: 5.85TB
Total of all virtual disk sizes: 8.25TB

I have an exclamation mark on a Directory storage with 60% usage. No clue why so.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!