NFS and Snapshots corrupt my VMs disks

Jan 18, 2017
iam using a NFS share from my synology (2 proxmox servers, 1 switch and synology NAS). Everything works fine, except snapshots. When i make a snapshot, the disks (vda1, etc into the vm) are corrupted and my vm doesnt start anymore. sometimes he gives an error like the screenshot , sometimes he gives no error after the snapshot, but the disks are damaged also!

What could i do to make this work?

because above i red about ZFS over ISCSI will not work with synology?

Attachments

• IMG_4879.jpg
    IMG_4879.jpg
    633.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4878.jpg
    IMG_4878.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 41
I think i found the solution (maybe).
i installed always the vm's with vm virtio HD's (i thought this must be the right one).
But i red somewhere it must be SCSI at the disk option and from OPTIONS tab the VM SCSI CONTROLLER= virtIO SCSI

So i detached the virtual HD, and attached again with scsi. With linux it starts with no problems, with windows i get a blue screen :)

After testing (10 times made snapshots and reboots, till now no problems).

Hi, after I see your atached photos, you can see that are many I/O block errors. So if your storage is a remote NFS, then your problems are outside of proxmox(check your network devices, synology).

I didnt try without RAM check.

It has nothing to do with your problem, if your PMX hardware is OK(ram, network, local-storage). Start to check your remote NAS and the network path. I use NFS and containers, and I do snapshots on the NFS. The only difference is the fact that in my setup I use a local NFS share(my nfs is also om the same PMX server), and as local storge I have zfs and not lvm.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!