Nextcloud Snap in LXC container - nextcloud.mysqldump pipe problem

Sep 15, 2019
Hello together,
I've nextcloud snap in an unprivileged lxc container up and running. No I was playing around with the nextcloud snap CLI.
When issuing the following command:

nextcloud.mysqldump --databases nextcloud > /tmp/nextclouddump.txt

I got the following error:

Got errno 32 on write

When issuing

nextcloud.mysqldump --databases nextcloud

The dump is printed on the console. So I guess the problem is with the redirection inside of lxc.
Could please somebody point me in the right direction how to write the output to a file?

Any help or hint is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Chris

Is the container disk full, has not enough free space for full dump ?

Personally i set up ssh in the container and run mysqldump over ssh on the hypoervisor.

But thats just because i use ansible, should work with pct cli as well.

Hi H4R0,
thanks for the answer.
the disk is only to 18% full and the out of the box nextcloud snap database shouldn't eat up the remaining 14 Gbyte of remaining space.

I run the nextcloud.mysqldump of the snap over ssh.

I guess it is some kind of rights issue of snapd on an unprivileged lxc container.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!