New Users

jburleson

Apr 29, 2008
Jonesboro, AR
I would like to add a new user to the system, so that I do not have to login as root. i tried just using both useradd and adduser, but that did not work. When I try to log in using the new user, I get the message:

'you could not be logged in....'

and the syslog has the following entry:

'auth failed: group 'username' is not in the list of allowed groups.'

Which group do I need to add new users to in order for them the access the web interface?

Or is there a different script I need to use to create new users?

thanks

joe

I would like to add a new user to the system, so that I do not have to login as root. i tried just using both useradd and adduser, but that did not work. When I try to log in using the new user, I get the message:

'you could not be logged in....'

and the syslog has the following entry:

'auth failed: group 'username' is not in the list of allowed groups.'

Which group do I need to add new users to in order for them the access the web interface?

Or is there a different script I need to use to create new users?

thanks

joe

Hi Joe,

Usermanagement is not implemented yet, so there is no way to create another user.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!